“No trust left.” Timur Musin puts three businesses in Uzbekistan up for sale
Local
−
22 April 37378 3 minutes
Timur Musin, founder of the Caravan Group, has put several of his businesses in Tashkent up for sale, including the “Palov Museum,” Caravan-branded restaurants, and the Cinara’s complex in the Bostanlyk district. The listings were published on OLX.
On April 13, a five-story “Palov Museum” restaurant with a total area of 5,800 square meters was listed for sale. The property includes a 20-sot plot located along the Salar Canal. The complex is valued at 150 billion soums.
The property may also be sold in parts, starting from 1,100 square meters. In addition, a Caravan restaurant located on a 7-sot land plot, with a total building area of 1,800 square meters, is also up for sale. The venue can accommodate up to 250 guests in winter and up to 490 guests in summer. The listed price is 45 billion soums.
The Cinara’s ethnographic complex in the Bostanlyk district occupies 80 sot of land, with buildings (ground and first floors) totaling 1,400 square meters. It is priced at 99 billion soums.
The entrepreneur said he was forced to sell part of his business due to ongoing court disputes and the risk of losing investments. According to him, a large-scale ethnographic project that required significant resources has faced systemic obstacles.
In particular, Musin wrote on YouTube that the project to build an ethnographic village with the Cinara’s hotel and aquapark has been “suspended indefinitely due to a complex investment environment and endless administrative barriers.”
“Despite detailed designs developed by engineers, architects, structural specialists, and landscape designers, as well as the outstanding work of an international hotel management team, several million in funds and significant time have been lost. The lack of adequate support from relevant authorities has made it impossible to implement the project under current conditions. A large-scale initiative capable of benefiting society is collapsing against ‘hidden barriers’ and the judicial system in the country. Unfortunately, it has become clear that the current environment is not ready to protect private investment from unlawful interference and raiding,” the entrepreneur said.
According to reports, the dispute is linked to the withdrawal of 0.7 hectares of land for the reconstruction of the Chirchiq–Gazalkent–Charvak highway in the Tashkent region. In the summer of 2023, a court ordered the district administration to pay the company compensation of 12.5 billion soums. However, this decision was overturned multiple times by higher courts, and in August 2025 the case was sent back for reconsideration.
Additionally, 4 hectares of land had previously been taken from the developer and replaced with a plot with difficult terrain. At the end of 2025, an administrative court upheld a prosecutor’s claim to annul cadastral documents issued to the company in 2010. In early 2026, the Business Ombudsman appealed the decision, arguing that revisiting documents after 15 years was unlawful and that property rights had been violated.
Due to the uncertain legal status of the properties, the company has terminated cooperation with two foreign partners, while nearly $10 million in investments remain frozen in bank accounts. The entrepreneur estimates the commercial value of the seized land, along with constructed buildings covering nearly 15 hectares, at $50 million. Court proceedings are currently ongoing in both economic and administrative courts.
Live
All